Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Knit from Your Stash 2007

I discovered that there's already a site that's consistent with the plan I had for '07 regarding knitting from the stash - and I'm in! Here's the link - I'm following the rules as posted here with one exception - that I will only do this for 8 months until Stitches Midwest instead of 9!

I don't have any particular weakness for sock yarn, but I do have a major weakness for sale yarn so I may be calling on the "fall off the wagon once" card. I have this freakish tendency to remember which yarns were called for in my knitting pattern books and recall this whenever perusing yarn sale web sites, etc. and feel compelled to purchase this particular yarn if on sale. Then it usually ends up sitting in my stash, I decide I really don't want to make that item and I repeat the cycle all over again.

Also, on the rule about being able to accept gifts of yarn - I will modify this to say " I'm allowed to accept gift cards and use them for yarn." Such as, Visa, Amex or Ebay gift certificates. I do get these from time to time, so this could become relevant.

This will be interesting...last year I planned a monthly spend of $200 for yarn and couldn't stay anywhere close to that most months (often doubling that.) So this will be very interesting to say the least.


Temptation is knocking on my door right away though, between the email from discountyarnsale.com regarding closeouts and the email regarding the second tier of Kool Knits' store closing markdown (not yet reflected on their site...now it's 50% off on some yarns and further reductions on the others.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike. I'm in too with a few exceptions as well. I'm allowed to give parts of my stash away and if I get rid of everything in my stash, I get to buy more. (Yes, I know that last part is wishful thinking.)

1/02/2007 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger LotusKnits said...

I can't find your dictator post, but be glad you're not a scumbag like me!

1/02/2007 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Wow... that's some serious willpower!

Your cruise looks like it was amazing, by the way!

1/02/2007 03:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home