Sunday, December 31, 2006

Bonne Marie's Felted Bucket Hat

Before....

122606 002

And after....

123106 005

It's still drying (as evidenced by the towel stuffed in it) so I can't model it yet officially. I would definitely make another one of these - it was a quick and fun knit.

Next time I make this, I would not use chunky yarn though as this made the brim a little too thick (as it's knit double stranded) and a little floppy - I used Peruvian Highland Chunky knit to the gauge recommended. I would just use straight worsted weight next time as the directions state. I usually am a big directions-follower but this time I lived dangerously as I wanted to make it in chocolate and I had the chunky yarn on hand. It may be OK when it fully dries though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Great hat! Can't go wrong with Bonne's designs. A very Happy New Year!

1/01/2007 07:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I've seen that hat at ChicKnits. It's a great design, and I love the way it looks in the brown.

1/01/2007 09:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home